We are looking for a tax associate that has obtained or is working toward their CPA license. Our firm serves clients throughout the metro Atlanta area. We offer a competitive compensation package for the right person. Effective communication and people skills are needed.
- Gain experience in the preparation and review of a variety of tax returns, including individual, partnership, corporate, trust, estate, and not-for-profit annual reporting
- Assist with resolution of Federal and State notices via written communication and phone conference
- Learn to identify and communicate tax and accounting issues to staff, management, and partners
- Gain experience in the preparation and review of income tax projections for corporate clients and obtain an understanding of the impact to owners
- Research tax issues and legislation and exercise professional judgment with respect to issue identification and solutions
- Identify area of specialization and continuously refine skills, knowledge, and expertise
Applicants must be willing to work more than 40 hours per week during the months of January through April.
- 1-3 years of experience working for or interning with a public accounting firm
- Advanced writing and communication skills along with strong organizational skills are needed for this position
- UltraTax and Thomson CS Professional Suite or CCH knowledge is a plus
- Experience serving clients in construction, real estate, and manufacturing is beneficial
- Masters of Tax Degree is a plus but is not required
Compensation commensurate with experience.